Nothing makes parents happier than seeing their children smile. Here at Children’s Dentistry in Lolo, we make sure they do that with all their teeth intact. We use composite fillings to repair kids’ damaged teeth and restore their smiles. Kids of any age can get these fillings. Keep reading to learn more.
What Are Composite Fillings?
Composite fillings are tooth-colored materials that can restore damaged teeth by fitting inside cavities. These are great for kids because they are quick and easy to place, and they effectively prevent further damage to the affected tooth. Our fillings are the natural color of teeth and non-toxic.
Advantages of Composite Fillings
There are other types of filling materials available, such as silver amalgam, but composite fillings have several advantages:
- They’re more durable
- They closely match the color of natural teeth
- They’re minimally invasive and require less time to place
- They create aesthetically pleasing results, especially on front teeth
- They protect the teeth from further damage by providing more support
Why Might Kids Need Composite Fillings?
Even with regular preventative dental care, children may require fillings for a number of reasons. Composite fillings are ideal for kids with:
- Decayed teeth (cavities)
- Chipped and cracked teeth
- Teeth with gaps between them
Kids can get fillings in baby teeth as well as their permanent teeth. While it may seem unnecessary to put a filling in a tooth that will later fall out, doing so can prevent pain and serious infection.
Composite Fillings Procedure
Kids can get composite fillings in one session at our child-friendly office. Here is how the procedure goes:
- Dr. DeLisle will numb the area around the tooth using the appropriate sedation method.
- He will remove the decayed parts and thoroughly clean the area.
- He will apply medication on teeth that were damaged near the nerve.
- He will place the composite filling, carefully shape it, and set it with blue light.
- The filling will harden in seconds, and the dentist can make the necessary adjustments.
- He will polish the new composite filling to make it sit comfortably in your child’s mouth.
- Your child can enjoy the new tooth without any downtime!
Is the Procedure Painful?
Composite fillings for kids can be placed without causing any pain. Here at Children’s Dentistry, we take extra measures to make your kids comfortable before the procedure. Our vibrant office environment and toys will distract them and reduce their anxiety. Our sedation options will ensure they won’t feel a thing during the dental work. It’s normal for them to feel a bit of sensitivity to hot and cold food afterward, but this will subside within a few days. We will also give at-home instructions on effective dental habits to strengthen your children’s teeth.
Composite Fillings for Kids in Lolo
Your kids can get the best composite fillings at our equipped clinic. Our lead dentist, Dr. Delisle, has more than twelve years of experience working with children and special needs patients. Whether you’re in Missoula, Lolo, Florence, or anywhere in Western Montana, we have room to see you. We are currently accepting new patients with no waitlist. Call us now to make your appointment. We can’t wait to hear from you!